Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Choice - Nicholas Sparks

Picked up the latest Nicholas Sparks novel "The Choice" at the library Sunday. I didn't even remember that I had requested it - must have back in May - that is how long it takes to get the latest release for these type of books.

"The Choice" tells the story of Travis and Gabby.

Yep. That's about all I have to say. It is a fast read.

I liked Sparks' first novel "The Notebook" in 1998 - however I just am so not into books like these anymore where everything fits together just right at the perfect time. It is as if he is just going through the motions for a million dollar screenplay.

Maybe I am being a bit cynical on a New Year's Day night, but when I read I am looking for more, I felt like I never got to know either Travis or Gabby and felt closer to their dogs.

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

carey said...

i'm with you sister. nicholas sparks is about as deep as our backyard ocean.

Susan said...

I like that - backyard ocean. I am going to add that to my little metaphor toolbox.