Saturday, January 24, 2009

Latest kids movies



The Tale of Desperaux is excellent. We love Kate DiCamillo's books and they did an excellent job with this one. The animation is beautiful and the story is refreshing. I was a little concerned when it first started because the technique seemed confusing as they jumped between characters and situations. But they used a narrator to bring you along with the story and my kids loved it! They were totally hooked, despite the fact that there weren't any race car scenes or fart jokes! The story was a simple lesson in bravery and courage and love. It was beautiful and my kids loved it! I'd say they paid more attention here than they do in most kids movies!

Mall Cop is the exact opposite of Desperaux, but funny and sweet none the less! As my kids get a little older, they like to see live-action as well as animation and this one was fun.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I wonder how many children would willingly go to Desperaux? The little one, for sure, since he doesn't care what people think of him. Everyone wants to see the other, of course. There was enough boy humor in the trailer to guarantee that.