Monday, October 20, 2008

New fall TV shows



Karen recently asked for my opinions on the new shows. I haven't watched that many this year (and I changed jobs so I don't see the pilots anymore) but Life On Mars is great. It's about a cop who was sent back in time to 1973. I don't know why, but I have this fascination with the 70s on TV. I guess I must be fascinated with the pea green upholstery or it just takes me back to childhood. I'm not usually into cop dramas but the writing on this show is fabulous. And the main actor, Jason O'Mara, is wonderful.

Another new show I like is Fringe. First, it's from JJ Abrams, who can write no wrong in my opinion. Second, it stars Joshua Jackson, who, as Pacey, was always my favorite high schooler on Dawsons Creek.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i have life on Mars on tivo, have not started it yet, but WILL now that snow is flying!

Shelly said...

You will love it!!

Karen said...

Good grief. I think I am so flipping ADD that I can't even remember to watch the same show two weeks running. We started Life on Mars, and really liked it, but I haven't watched anything but House re-runs for ages (and those only b/c they're always on). I will get this on DVD once the season ends...if someone reminds me.