Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum


Susan had told me it was good. She was right! Afterward I realized that as much as I love Matt Damon, this movie is about the clever, clever writing and the filming. They have a solid script that is actually believable (doesn't happen often with action flicks) and the filming/editing is so edge-of-your-seat tight that it's wonderful to watch. And actually I think Matt Damon has about 100 words of script. His character is not a big talker, which is as it should be!


I read an interview in EW with Matt where he talked about this fact. They had filmed scenes with a lot of dialogue and in the end it just seemed wrong. So they edited it down to looks and action and it just works!

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Okay, I totally loved the other Bourne movies and I can't wait to see this one. Glad to hear your review about it. I must get to the theatre soon, box of popcorn in one hand, soda in the other!

Karen said...

We went Friday night and really liked it. My only problem was that I got motion sickness from the cinematography and had to close my eyes for some of the best scenes.