Monday, July 23, 2007

More about Colin...


Let's continue talking about Colin Firth for a minute...he's just so sexy in a serious but adorable way. If you haven't seen the 1996 TV mini-series he did of Pride and Prejudice, you haven't lived. It's six hours long so it doesn't cut anything out like last year's Keira Knightley version. It's one of Susan and my faves.


Also, he's incredible in Bridgett Jones, which is a modern take on P and P.

He's also great in The Importance of Being Earnest and The Girl with the Pearl Earring. What can I say, I love period films and I love him in them.
And some other great modern day films: What a Girl Wants, where he's actually Amanda Bynes father. You know you're old when you go to a teeny-bopper film to drool over the dad!! And one of my favorite films of all time: Love Actually.
I think his best performances are all in the same sort of character: quiet, seemingly moody but really just serious and passionate. The exception would perhaps be my previous mention in Valmont. He plays a playboy bad boy here, but he does a great job!! Maybe because the bad boy is passionate about what he wants and Colin plays passionate well.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks, Shel. I just put every last one of your suggestions in my Blockbuster queue. I'll have a Colinfest once the tv is unpacked in AL.