Saturday, July 7, 2007

RAT-TAT-TAT

Little man and I had a date yesterday since AE was off having fun. We went to Ratatouille, rated G for one and all. Have to say Pixar did it again, both of us really loved the movie. Others must have liked it as well because it has an 8.8/10 rating on IMDB which makes is #40 of the 250 best rated of all time on their site. Can't remember the last time that happened.

Like I said, can't get over Pixar, the things they do with computers is amazing. I spent quite a bit of the movie in awe of the characters' hair and how each little follicle shows up on the screen. Freak I know, but I love the little details. Also spent a lot of time trying to figure out the main characters' (Remy/Linguini's) voices - don't bother because no one has ever heard of either guy before, I shouldn't say that. Remy is voiced by Patton Oswald from The King of Queens, which I have never watched and Linguini is Lou Romano - no relation to Ray.

Kids will love the story, it is easy to follow and they will want a pet rat just like Remy by the end of the show. They really make the rats kind of loveable like a hamster, but parents know better and it is kind of unnerving when thousands of rats run in a group on screen, they didn't seem so warm and fuzzy then. In fact some of the parents let out a little eek.

Good fun for one and all, it is a little long, but most of the kids in the theatre didn't seem to mind, they were busy watching a cooking rat work his magic in gay Paree.

The only part of the whole experience I wasn't too impressed with was the little Pixar short they show before the main feature. Lifted is about a little alien and his on the job training, didn't find myself laughing out loud like with previous Pixar shorts. JG liked it as he is still talking about the aliens, let's hope he will not be talking about aliens at 2 a.m. after a nightmare featuring his alien abduction...

Ratatouille - 9/10
Little Man's Rating - Way, way good

2 comments:

Karen said...

I SO want to take the Monkey and Bubba to see this. I doubt Moose would lower his teenage self, but I'll give it my best. Thanks for the review!!

Shelly said...

Do you live in a zoo? Monkey, Bubba and Moose? hehe