Monday, July 30, 2007

TV for Alias fans


A little insider advice on some new TV shows coming out in the fall...we get to see all the pilots here at work (yes I get paid to watch TV!!) before they come out in the fall.


Last week I saw The Bionic Woman, which I have to say I was very cynical about. But luckily there are very few similarities to the original 70s program. It's actually more in the vein of Alias. The two main characters even resemble Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan. The title character, Jamie Sommers, gets in a car accident with her doctor boyfriend and wakes up in an underground lab to find she's got bionic limbs. The boyfriend (Will) is part of it, he works for some mysterious government agency, he has a mysterious criminal father that he doesn't like. There are creepy people lurking around every corner and a multitude of openings for future plot twists. SOUND FAMILIAR???


This was only the pilot, which is hard to judge from because they are trying to get across so much set up in that one hour, but I think it could be good. I'll reserve total judgement until I've seen a couple of episodes to see how the momentum is going forward. Also, I just read that Isaiah Washington of Grey's Anatomy fame is making a few guest appearances in the first season so that could be interesting!


Another pilot I didn't see but that several coworkers have told me is really, really bad is Cavemen. Yes, as in the Geico pitchmen. Now I did just read that they're revising the pilot quite a bit, probably because of such feedback, but sounds like they'd need to start completely over.

1 comment:

carey said...

are you guys slacking off? go rate something. :)